Wednesday, July 30, 2014

whimsical wednesday

we are writing a story for whimsical wednesday!  a story of sorts, that is.  on this day in 1935, the first penguin paperback book was published. that fact had me thinking about stories we enjoy so much we don't want them to end.  when it does end we think about what happens next to the characters.  for whimsical wednesday, think about a book that enthralled you this much and write a scenario that would continue the story.  any book at any point in your life can be your featured story.

2 comments:

  1. fiction and i are not compatible so it's been a very long time since a read a story. there was pippi longstockings when i was in elementary school. it was one of the first paperback books i purchased from the scholastic book club. i loved pippi and everything about her. she was one cool dude. i extended her story by imagining that she, the horse and the monkey came to live in our garage. she came to be my friend. no one knew she was there but me. how that could work was beyond me but, after all, it was fiction! my cat made friends with the horse and monkey. the two of us would go to the garage and be with pippi and her buddies. sometimes we would all get on the horse and ride around town. it was amazing. and that's my story after a story ends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the large garage with an attached office was a place for all kinds of fun adventures--real and imagined! Loved Pippi, I think we wore out the books. Then I was able to purchase new copies for my kids!

    ReplyDelete