Thursday, February 17, 2011

thoughtful thursday



"thanks for contributing to my happiness.  can you carry me to bed and tuck me in?  i'm not too big for that, am i?"


so said my granddaughter to her mother at the end of her tenth birthday yesterday (2.16.11).   of which, when i was privy to this sentiment, melted me instantly and completely.  oh, sweet mefi! so innocently offered from the heart.  my darling granddaughter's words embody everything the whimsey project aims for:  no matter our age, always be open to the joyful whimsey that makes life grand (and often bearable); even when we don't realize whimsey has touched us.  


happy birthday, megan!   i love you dearly.  

2 comments:

  1. hooray for mefi and birthdays!!!!!! I believe my children are the major source of whimsy in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray for the whimsey of children! they certainly keep that magic in our lives. it was so with my children and now i am enjoying the same with my grandchildren. i'm so glad you have that as well.

    ReplyDelete