Wednesday, February 12, 2014

whimsical wednesday

we are celebrating the 50th anniversary of the beatles' first concert in america!  for beatles day enjoy the musical group any way you wish:  listen to beatles songs, share your favorite song, watch a beatles movie, rearrange lyrics from several songs to write a "new" beatles song!

my beatles activity was to rearrange lyrics from several songs to write a "new" beatles song.  an internet search revealed several sites that feature the lyrics of all the beatles songs.  one of these sites was utilized to create the following:

so go away and leave me alone,
i've got a chip on my shoulder that's bigger than my feet.
what have i done to deserve such a fate?
makes no difference where you are or where you'd like to be,
something inside that was always denied for so many years,
there's nothing for me here so i will disappear.
looking through a glass onion,
for a little peace of mind,
some kind of innocence is measured out in years.
get back to where you once belonged.
in my mind there is no sorrow.....

2 comments:

  1. That's really a good song! Put it to music.

    I will sing Beatles songs as I'm in the van running errands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! did you enjoy singing in the van!?

      Delete