Thursday, January 31, 2013

thoughtful thursday

my father died yesterday after several months of medical complications.  he was 88 years old.  through it all, i continued the whimsey project.  there were moments when i questioned this decision.  a few times i wavered; thinking to suspend the blog and activities or asking a follower to keep it going while i took a break.  but i persevered.  doing so never interfered with caring for my father and mother.  not so very long ago someone remarked to me that life was sure full of difficult experiences.  she was sad over the death of a friend, a much younger person than my father.  without forethought or hesitation i responded that the difficult experiences are the very reason why we should make the rest of living as wonderful as possible.  that must be, without my realizing it, why i have continued active participation in the whimsey project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment