Thursday, January 3, 2013

thoughtful thursday

in the spirit of the new year, here is WISHFUL THINKING by janet mowat, published in the 11.1.02 FAMILY CIRCLE magazine.....

today:
i will allow the beds to stay unmade all day.
i will let the kids dress themselves and tell them they look wonderful; no matter what they choose.
i will invite people over even if the house isn't white-glove clean.
i will focus on the things i already have rather than the things i want.
i will indulge in the serenity and sanity of an afternoon nap.
i will relax and read a book when sense is telling me to do laundry.
i will forget about my extra pounds and wear something that makes me feel great.
i will call an old friend who always makes me laugh.
i will take a long, luxurious bath using the scented bath beads that i've been saving for a special time.
i will play my favorite music and sing along as loud as i want.
i will treat myself to a slice of apple pie a la mode and skip the guilt.

what uniquely you I WILL could you add to the list?  no doubt there's at least one I WILL you wish for!

2 comments:

  1. I will laugh more and stress less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. laughing more will automatically reduce stress! very worthy, positive I WILL for 2013!

    ReplyDelete