Monday, December 7, 2015

miscellaneous monday

miscellaneous monday at the whimsey project! our day to share stuff we don't share the rest of the week. bring on the miscellaneous.


mid october found us outside hanging bird feeders and suet holders. we waited and waited and waited and waited...  no birds.  heavy sigh! last week brought several consecutive days of low temperatures overnight and heavy frost by morning's light. suddenly birds! so much activity at all the feeders (and feed scattered on the ground)! the birds are everywhere! and so many: blue jay, blue bird, flicker, nuthatch, cardinal, downy woodpecker, titmouse, chickadee, dove, grackle. observing them is delightfully whimsical.

4 comments:

  1. Yay, birds. We put a feeder in the front yard, so I can watch them when I work on my computer. The little birds have finally found it. It has been so warm here they haven't needed much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching my birds all year. I don't bring the feeders in during warm weather because I love the birds. This summer I had a pair of male and female downy woodpeckers that were at the tree and feeders together. They came for several weeks together then I didn't see them together anymore. Still have downys but not the pair at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's grand to have birds visit. maybe the downy pair will return.

      Delete