Tuesday, June 26, 2012

miscellaneous

there's just nothing quite like how wonderful it feels when summer heat and humidity breaks.  the cooler temperature and lower humidity that follows is a welcome relief.  one can almost feel the earth sigh in relief as well.  for me, the best part of cooler is open windows!  the breeze that fills the house, on which the songs and chatter of birds is carried, allows me to enjoy nature's music.

old television programs are time capsules.  my particular time capsule of enjoyment is perry mason.  to my delight, it is currently airing after a long absence on any of the hundrends of channels the satellite delivers for my viewing pleasure!

the wee kittens are growing.  they have become more adventuresome.  it's delightful to watch them out the windows, unobserved.  and the crows.  these goofy birds are fun to watch as well.  they have taken to sitting on the railing of the dock, overlooking the lake.  the lone hen turkey is still coming to the house to eat the ducks' corn.  why she is still alone is beyond me as i have not seen any chicks with her.

the meadow has grown so lovely; full of beautiful wildflowers.  as hard as it is for me to have it cut short in early spring, the benefits of doing so sure makes it worth the angst!

No comments:

Post a Comment