Friday, April 6, 2012

thoughtful thursday

this was a day filled with a major problem that had to be solved.  most of the day was trying as i found myself on my own with the concern; it seemed that i was not being very helpful despite diligent effort.  part of the effort required spending time on-line.  at one point i found myself in a live on-line chat with a support technician. he was very helpful in assisting me and we worked through much of the problem. when we were finished, i thanked him with my sincere appreciation for how helpful he was.  he responded with the typical you are welcome but added a statement that made me smile.  he said, "i try to remember that the person on the other side is human just like me and i would want to be treated well myself."  oh, isn't that wonderful?  i wish (i told him this) that every interaction with every person, every day was predicated on that sentiment.  wouldn't it grand if we always remembered that the person on the other side is human? doing so would leave more energy for whimsey!

1 comment:

  1. It's always comforting to hear a helpful voice!

    ReplyDelete